Shri.D. Linga PrabuTel: ; Cell: 8594011654
- Nutrigenomic research in mariculture species
- Nutraceuticals and disease management in mariculture
- Development of commercial feed for mariculture species
With Masters in Fish Nutrition and Biochemistry, I have joined as a scientist in Marine Biotechnology Division of CMFRI in 2014. Before joining into ARS, I worked with Growel Feeds Pvt Ltd., Andhra Pradesh as Assistant Manager- Fish Nutrition and Formulation since February 2012-July 2013 and gained rich experience in commercial aspects of feed manufacture. Later I moved into State Fisheries Department as Inspector of Fisheries for a brief period before joined into ARS. Currently I am working in food fish nutrition with nutrigenomic approach. I have great interest in disease management in mariculture through nutraceuticals and its effects on immune development.
- MFSc (Fish Nutrition and Biochemistry) 2011, Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai.
- BFSc (Fisheries Science) 2009, Fisheries College and Research Institute, Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu.
|1||Aquatic Feed Biotechnology for Mariculture and Aquariculture||Co-PI||ICAR|
- Secured first class with distinction in Master degree
- Awarded with CIFE INSTITUTIONAL FELLOWSHIP for pursuing post graduation in Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai following acquisition of 39TH RANK in All India common admission test by ICAR in Fisheries Science during 2009-10.
- Participated and awarded in Young Students Scientists Programme, sponsored by TNSCST, Chennai and MHRD, New Delhi during 2000 and 2001.
- L. Prabu, N.P. Sahu, A.K. Pal, S. Dasgupta and A. Narendra, 2016. Immunomodulation and interferon gamma gene expression in sutchi cat ﬁsh, Pangasianodon hypophthalmus: Effect of dietary fucoidan rich seaweed extract (FRSE) on pre and post challenge period, Aquaculture Research 47 (1): 199-218.
- Prabu, D.L., Sahu, N.P., Pal, A.K. and Narendra, A., 2013. Isolation and evaluation of antioxidant and antibacterial activities of fucoidan rich extract from Indian brown seaweed, Sargassum wightii, Continental J. Pharmaceutical sciences 7 (1): 11 – 21.
- L. Prabu, M. Kavitha and M.J.P. Jayaseelan, 2014. Traditional wisdom of herbals with antiviral activity: prospects for viral disease management in aquaculture. Fishing Chimes, 33 (10&11): 87-90.
- Ferosekhan, D.L. Prabu and P. Antony Jesu Prabhu, 2012. Near Infrared Reflectance Spectroscopy and Aquafeeds, World Aquaculture 42 (4): 22-23.
- L. Prabu and M Kavitha, 2015. Freshwater Indian flap shell turtle, Lissemys punctata: the great menace in freshwater aquaculture ponds of Andhra Pradesh, India, World Aquaculture 46 (2): 61-64.