Dr.Sumithra T. GTel: ; Cell: 9495466030
Email: sumithra.G@icar.gov.in, firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduated in Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry (BVSc & AH) from Kerala Agricultural University during 2002-2008. Completed Masters in Veterinary Bacteriology & Mycology (MVSc) from Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Izatnagar, UP during August 2010. MVSc was done under the mentorship of Dr V.K. Chaturvedi, with research focus on the molecular heterogeneity studies of Salmonella Typhimurium isolates of diverse origin. Later, PhD was obtained under the same mentorship during 2013. The area of PhD research was on “Development and evaluation of various molecular diagnostic methods and DNA vaccine constructs against Bacillus anthracis”. Then I worked as Assistant Professor in Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy during 2013-2015. Subsequently, I was appointed as ICAR-ARS Scientist in July, 2015. I joined CMFRI as Scientist on February, 2016 in Marine Biotechnology Division, Kochi
- PhD 2013 Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Izatnagar, UP
- MVSc 2010, Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Izatnagar, UP
- BVSc & AH 2008 Kerala Agricultural University
- Best student award (Gold medal) for PhD in IVRI, Izatnagar during 2012-2013
- Best student award (Silver medal) for MVSc in IVRI during 2009-2010
- Gold Medal of KAU for BVSc & A.H. Degree Programme
- Academic Excellence Award (X-CEFT Merit Award) and T. T. Varghese Memorial Award for BVSc & A.H.
- Selected as ICAR-JRF, ICAR-SRF, ICMR-JRF, ICMR-SRF and CSIR-JRF
- The article namely, “Development of a simple and rapid method for the specific identification of organism causing anthrax by slide latex agglutination” in Letters in Applied Microbiology was graded as editor’s choice article.
1. Sumithra TG, Chaturvedi VK, Gupta PK, Sunita SC, Rai AK, Kutty MVH, Laxmi U, Murugan MS. (2013) Development of a simple and rapid method for the specific identification of organism causing anthrax by slide latex agglutination. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 58: 401-407.
2. Sumithra TG, Chaturvedi VK, Gupta PK, Ajay Rai, SunitaChougule, Bincy Joseph, Susan Cherian, Patel CL (2014) PCR-RFLP analysis of fliC, fimHand 16S rRNA genes in Salmonella Typhimurium isolates of varied origin. Annals of microbiology,64: 177-183.
3. Sumithra TG, V.K. Chaturvedi VK, Gupta PK, Siju SJ, Susan C, Bincy J, Laxmi U, Sunita SC, Rai AK (2014) Development of a simple method for the rapid identification of organisms causing anthrax by coagglutination test, Biologicals, 42(6):316-321.
4. Sumithra TG, Chaturvedi VK, Gupta PK, Sunita SC, Siju SJ, Susan C, Vergis J. (2014). Multiplex polymerase chain reaction assay for the specific detection of the organism causing anthrax. The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India, Section B: Biological Sciences,85 (1): 263-269.
5. Susan C, Singh R, Singh KP, Reddy GBM, Anjaneya, Kumar GVPPSR, Sumithra TG, Singh RP. (2015). Phylogenetic analysis of Indian rabies virus isolates targeting the complete glycoprotein gene. Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 36: 333-338