Mr.Srinivasa Raghavan.VTel: 044-64505444; Cell: 87 54 57 89 64
- Genetics & Genomics
- Animal Cell Culture
Post, Doctoral degree completion, I have worked as Research Scientist in the Drug Safety evaluation department of Ranbaxy Research Laboratories, Gurgaon, as Junior Scientist at Aravind Medical Research Foundation, Aravind Eye Hospitals, Madurai and as Assistant Professor in the department of Animal Genetics & Breeding, Sher–e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology, Jammu & Kashmir.
- PhD, 2006 National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana
- MVSc, 2002 National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana
- BVSc, 2000 Madras Veterinary College, Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University
|1||Development of tissue culture technology for in- vitro production of pearls from the black-lip pearl oyster Pinctada margaritifera and refinement of in-vitro pearl formation in Pinctada fucata||CMFRI|
|2||Genetics, genomics and biotechnological applications in mariculture and fisheries resource management||CMFRI|
|3||Health management in selected finfish and shellfish for mariculture and aquariculture and bioprospecting from marine resources||CMFRI|
- Awarded TANUVAS Merit Scholarship in B.V.Sc program (1993 – 1999).
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship for pursuing M.Sc.at NDRI (2000 – 2002).
- Awarded Senior Research Fellowship for pursuing Ph.D.at NDRI (2002 – 2006).
1. Srinivasa Raghavan. V. and I. D. Gupta. Bovine Somatotropin Gene Polymorphism in Sahiwal cattle. 2008. The Indian Journal of Dairy Science, 61(2), 141-142.
2. Economic efficiency of mechanized fishing in Tamil Nadu – A case study in Chennai”, R.Geetha., R.Narayanakumar., Shyam.S.Salim., N.Aswathy., S.Chandrasekar., Srinivasa Raghavan.V and Indira Divipala. Indian J. Fish., 61(4): 31-35, 2014.
3. Marker Assisted Selection in Shrimps. K.Vinaya Kumar and Srinivasa Raghavan.V. In Frontiers in Aquaculture., 175 -193 Ed. by JK Sundaray., M.Sukham., RK Mohanty and SK.Otta. 2014., Narendra Publishing House., 366p