Dr.Somy KuriakoseTel: +91 484 2394867; Cell:
- Estimation of Marine Fish landings
- Modeling in Fisheries
I completed my Master’s Degree in Agricultural Statistics in 1995 and Doctorate in 1999. From 1998 to until 2000, I worked in the area of statistical modeling under the Division of Forecasting at Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute. Afterwards, I have joined CMFRI, Kochi. Presently I am working in Fishery Resources Assessment Division of CMFRI, focusing mainly on monitoring and assessment of marine fish landings along the Indian coastline.
- PhD 1999 Agricultural Statistics, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
- MSc 1995 Agricultural Statistics, Kerala Agricultural University
- BSc 1992 Mathematics, M.G. University, Kerala
|1||GIS based management advisory support information system for the marine fisheries sector||CMFRI|
|2||Remote sensing assisted biodynamic forecasting paradigm for Indian marine fishery resources||CMFRI|
|3||Development of fishery management plans for sustaining marine fisheries of Kerala||CMFRI|
|4||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA)||ICAR|
1. Srinath, M and Kuriakose, Somy and Mini, K G (2005) Methodology for the Estimation of Marine Fish Landings in India.CMFRI Special Publication, 86 . pp. 1-57.
2. Vivekanandan, E and Srinath, M and Kuriakose, Somy (2005) Fishing the marine food web along the Indian coast.Fisheries Research, 72 (2-3). pp. 241-252.
3. Srinath, M and Kuriakose, Somy and Jayasankar, J and Mini, K G (2006) Generalised Fishery Development Model (GFDM) approach for analysis of marine fish landings in India. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 48 (1). pp. 68-75.
4. Sathianandan, T V and Jayasankar, J and Kuriakose, Somy and Mini, K G and Mathew, Wilson T (2011) Indian marine fishery resources: optimistic present, challenging future. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 58 (4). pp. 1-15.
5. Joshi, K K and Abdussamad, E M and Koya, K P Said and Sivadas, M and Kuriakose, Somy and Prakasan, D andSebastine, Manju and Beni, N and Bineesh, K K (2012) Fishery, biology and dynamics of dogtooth tuna, Gymnosarda unicolor (Rüppell, 1838) exploited from Indian seas. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (2). pp. 75-79.
- Google Scholar -