Dr.Shoba Joe KizhakudanTel: +91 44 24617317; Cell: +91 9445153672
- Fish population dynamics and stock assessment
- Elasmobranch fisheries
- Climate change impacts on fisheries
After taking masters in Mariculture in 1993 I worked as Manager of ANS shrimp hatchery, Cherai, Kerala till June 1996. I joined CMFRI (ARS, 1994 batch) in July 1996. I worked in crustacean and demersal fisheries in Visakhaptanam (1996-’98 and in demersal fisheries at Veraval during 1998-2003. I am currently working in demersal fisheries at CMFRI’s research centre in Chennai. I completed my PhD in 2011. Thrust areas of my research are characteristics and status of demersal fish stocks. I am actively involved in fishery resource enhancement through deployment of artificial reefs.
- PhD 2011 University of Madras
- MSc 1993 Cochin University of Science & Technology, I Rank with distinction
- BSc 1991 Zoology, University of Calicut, I Rank with distinction
|1||Assessment of elasmobranch resources in the Indian seas.||CMFRI|
|2||Development of Fishery Management Plans (FMPs) for sustaining marine fisheris of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.||CMFRI|
|3||GIS based resource mapping of distribution and abundance of finfishes and shellfishes off Indian coast for suggesting operational based strategies for fisheries management||CMFRI|
|4||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA)||ICAR|
|5||Resource assessment and barcoding of elasmobranchs||MoES|
- 1991-1993 JRF (ICAR) for M.Sc. Mariculture
- Sub-editor, Indian Journal of Fisheries
1. Kizhakudan, Shoba Joe (2014) Study on the growth of three species of silverbellies from the South-East Coast of India. Indian Journal of Geo-Marine Sciences, 43 (2). pp. 263-270.
2. Zacharia, P U and Kizhakudan, Shoba Joe and Sobhana, K S and Manojkumar, P P and Thomas, Sujitha and Nair, Rekha J and Najmudeen, T M and Muktha, M and Purushottama, G B and Dash, Swatipriyanka Sen and Santhosh, B and Renjith, L and Saravanan, Raju and Yousuf, K S S M (2014) भारतीय वन्य जीव (संरक्षण) अधिनियम के तहत संरक्षित उपास्थिमीन प्रजातियों का विवरण. विशेष प्रकाशन सं . 115 जलीय पारितंत्र का टिकाऊपन ( 115). (CMFRI Special Publication No. 115) pp. 28-30.
3. Kizhakudan, Shoba Joe and Rajapackiam, S (2013) First report of the crocodile shark Pseudocarcharias kamoharai (Matsubara,1936)from Chennai, southeast coast of India. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 55 (1). pp. 86-88.
4. Kizhakudan, Shoba Joe and Mohanraj, G and Batcha, Hameed and Rajapackiam, S (2010) Ray fishery by trawlers off Chennai and some aspects of biology of the scaly whipray Himantura imbricata (Bloch & Schneider, 1801). Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 52 (1). pp. 92-95.
5. Kizhakudan, Shoba Joe and Zala, M S (2006) Dynamics of Priacanthus hamrur (Forsskal) exploited off Saurashtra coast. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 53 (4). pp. 409-416.
- Google Scholar - http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=BgMCTe4AAAAJ