Dr.T.Senthil MuruganTel: ; Cell:
- Finfish Breeding
- Cage culture
After taking masters in Zoology in 1989 and PhD in viral diseases of commercially important penaeid prawns under cultured conditions in Department of Zoology, University of Madras in 1998, I joined National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) further then moved to Department of Fisheries, Govt. of Tamil Nadu as Consultant for developing a marine fin fish hatchery for Centre for Aquaculture Research and Development (CARD). I joined CMFRI as Senior Scientist in 2012. I am currently working on finfish breeding under Mariculture Division.
- PhD 1998 University of Madras
- MSc 1989 Zoology Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College, Sivakasi, Madurai Kamaraj University
- BSc 1977 Zoology Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College, Sivakasi, Madurai Kamaraj University
|1||Development and standardization of seed production technologies for selected high value finfishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|2||Innovations in sea cage farming and coastal mariculture||CMFRI|
|3||GIS based resource mapping of distribution and abundance of finfishes and shellfishes off Indian coast for suggesting operational based strategies for fisheries management||CMFRI|
|4||NICRA||Min. of Agri.|
1. M. Vijayakumaran, T. Senthil Murugan, M. C. Remany, T. Mary Leema, Dilip kumar, J. Santhanakumar, R. Venkatesan, M. Ravindran. 2005. Captive breeding of the spiny lobster, Panulirus homarus. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Fresh Water Research. Vol 39:325-334.
2. T. Senthil Murugan, M. C. Remany, T. Mary Leema, Dilip kumar, J. Santhanakumar, M. Vijayakumaran, R. Venkatesan, M. Ravindran. 2005. Growth, repetitive breeding, and aquaculture potential of the spiny lobster, Panulirus ornatus. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Fresh Water Research Vol 39:311-316.
3. M. C. Remany, M. L. Thilagam, T. Senthil Murugan, R. Kirubagaran, M. Vijayakumaran and M. Ravindran.2004. Variation in the level of 20 hydroxyecdysone during different stages of moulting in the spiny lobster Panulirus homarus. (Abstract published) International Conference & exposition on marine living resources of India for food and medicine, on February 2 – 4, 2004, organized by Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University and Aquaculture Foundation of India.
4. Sunil Israel, T.Senthil Murugan, V.P.Venugopalan, T.Subramoniam, N.Munuswamy and G.Van DerVelde. 2006. Larval development in the sand crab Emerita asiatica ((L., 1767) (Anomura, Hippoidea) reared in the laboratory. Crustaceana Vol. 79 (4): 441 – 458