Dr.B. SanthoshTel: 0471-2488288; Cell: +91 9446572288
- Live feed culture & freshwater fish culture
I have joined Agriculture Research Service in 1997. I have taken M. Sc. (1992), M. Phil. (1994) and Ph. D. (2001) in Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram. I was working in ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Tripura Centre, Lembucherra, Tripura from 1997 to 2009. I have joined CMFRI in 2009 in Mariculture Division, Vizhinjam Research Centre of CMFRI, Vizhinjam and currently working on various aspects of broodstock development and seed production of food fishes and ornamental fishes. I have worked on live feed culture and developed mass production technique of two calanoid copepods. I have contributed for development of technologies for culture of small indigenous fishes, watershed management, developing various integrated aquaculture models and also for controlling common diseases problems in fish culture ponds in the Northeastern Region.
- Ph.D. 2001 Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, University of Kerala
- M. Phil 1993 Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, University of Kerala
- M.Sc. 1992 Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, University of Kerala
- B.Sc. 1990 Zoology, University of Kerala
|1||Development and standardization of seed production technologies for selected high value finfishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|2||Assessment of Elasmobranch Resources in the Indian Seas||CMFRI|
|3||Development of Fishery Management Plans for Sustaining Marine Fisheries of Kerala and Lakshadweep||CMFRI|
|4||Seed Production in Agricultural Crops and Fisheries||ICAR|
- Two best poster awards and two best paper awards in different National Seminars
- Sub-Editor, Indian Journal of Fisheries
1. Santhosh, B. and Radhakrishnan, S. 2009. Host specificity of metazoan parasites infecting mullets of Kerala, India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 56(4): 293-296
2. Anil, M.K. , B. Santhosh, S. Jasmine, K. N. Saleela, Rani Mary George, H. Jose Kingsly, C. Unnikrishnan, G. Hanumantha Rao and G. Syda Rao, 2010. Growth performance of the seabass Lates calcarifer (Blotch) in sea cage at Vizhinjam Bay along the south-west coast of India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 57(4): 65-69
3. Anil, M. K., Santhosh, B., Prasad, B. O. and Rani Mary George, 2012. Broodstock development and breeding of black-finned anemone fish Amphiprion nigripes Regan, 1908 under captive conditions. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (1): 77-82.
4. Remya Madhavan, Prabir K. Bandyopadhyay & B. Santhosh, 2012. Two new species of Thelohanellus Kudo, 1933 (Cnidaria: Mixosporea) from minor carps (Labeo spp. and Cirrhinus reba) of Tripura state, India. Protistology, 7 (4): 203–208.
5. Remya Madhavan, Prabir K. Bandyopadhyay & B. Santhosh, 2013 Observations on two new species of Myxobolus Butschli, 1882 from minor carps of Tripura, IndiaJournal of Parasitic Diseases 37(1): 56-61.