Dr.Geetha, R.Tel: 9094277053; Cell: 7299201687
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fisheries Economics
- Marketing and trade
- Environmental Economics
After taking masters in Agricultural Economics in 2003 and PhD in Agricultural Economics,in 2008I am working as a Scientist in CMFRI since 2009 in Socio Economics, Extension and Transfer of Technology Division. Iam currently working on economic efficiency measures on fishing, market structure, margin and cost studies.I have worked onvulnerability studies, carbon footprint estimation and compilation of ITK of fisher folk on climate change in fisheries under NICRA project. I am contributingto socio economic impact analysis of artificial reef installation in various fishing villages of Tamil Nadu. I have interests in estimating total economic value for various marine resources.
- PhD 2008Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
- MSc 2003S V Agricultural University, Tirupati
- BSc 2001TNAU, Tamil Nadu
|1||Economics of marine fisheries and sustainable management: Policy issues and interventions||CMFRI|
|2||Supply Chain management of marine fisheries sector in India||CMFRI|
|3||Assessment of fishing impacts on biodiversity loss, with special reference to the threatened species, to formulate management options for their protection||CMFRI|
|4||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA)||ICAR|
- ICAR-JRF for M Sc in Agricultural Economics
- IARI-SRF for Ph.D In Agricultural Economics
- 1. Geetha, R and Narayanakumar,R and Shyam, S Salim and Aswathy,N and Chandrasekar,S and Srinivasa Raghavan,V and Indira Divipala (2013)Economic efficiency of mechanised fishing in Tamil Nadu – A case study in Chennai.Indian Journal of Fisheries, 61 (1). pp. 31-35.
- 2. Shyam, S Salim and Geetha, R (2013). Empowerment of fisherwomen in Kerala – an assessment. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60 (3). pp. 73-80.
- 3. Aswathy, N and Narayanakumar, R and Shyam, S Salim and Vipinkumar, V P and Kuriakose, Somy and Geetha, R and Harshan, N K (2013). Total factor productivity growth in marine fisheries of Kerala. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60 (4). pp. 77-80.
- 4. Shyam, S Salim and Geetha,R(2011) Stakeholders perception of Indo-ASEAN free trade agreement on Indian fisheries sector. Journal of Indian fisheries Association, 38:1-9
- 5. Shyam, S Salim, Bindu Antony and Geetha,R (2011) Women Empowerment and Fisheries Sector in Kerala. Published by CMFRI (ICAR), Kerala.