Dr.K.K PhiliposeTel: ; Cell:
- Open Sea Cage farming
- Marine ornamental fishes
- Artificial reefs
After taking masters in marine biology in 1980 I was working in CMFRI since 1986 on Crustacean fisheries, artificial reefs, marine ornamental fishes and marine aquarium technology. In 2006 I took Ph.D in Marine ornamental fishes. In 2009 I started working in open sea cage farming and later joined Mariculture division. I currently head the Karwar Research centre of CMFRI. I have established 8 artificial reefs along the Kerala coast from 1996 to 2004. From 1996 onwards utilizing the indigenously developed aquarium technology I have established marine aquaria at Vizhinjam, Calicut, Chidambaram and Surat. At present I am actively involved in developing open sea cage farming along Karnataka, Goa and Maharashtra coasts.
- PhD 2006 Calicut University
- MSc 1980 Marine Biology, Karnatak University, Dharwad.
- BSc 1978 Zoology, University of Kerala
|1||Innovations in Sea cage farming and coastal mariculture.||CMFRI|
|2||Development and standardization of seed production technologies for selected high value fin fishes and shell fishes||CMFRI|
|3||National initiative on Climate resilient Agriculture||DARE-ICAR|
- Technical Advisor, National Aquariculture society of India since 2001
- Member, Institute Management committee, ICAR Research complex for Goa
- Member, Institute Management committee, CMFRI, Kochi
- Member , Committee for revalidation of Cage aquaculture in India, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India.
1. Philipose, K K and Sharma, S R Krupesha and Sadhu, N and Vaidya, N G and Rao , G Syda (2010) Some aspects of nursery rearing of the Asian seabass (Lates calcarifer, Bloch) in indoor cement tanks. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 57 (4). pp. 61-64.
2. Philipose, K K and Sharma, S R Krupesha and Jayasree, Loka and Damodaran, Divu and Rao, G Syda and Vaidya, N Gand Mhaddolkar, Sonali S and Narasimhulu, Sadhu and Dube, Praveen (2012) Observations on variations in physico-chemical water parameters of marine fish cage farm off Karwar. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (1). pp. 83-88.
3. Philipose, K K and Loka, Jayasree and Sharma, S R Krupesha and Divu, D and Rao, K Srinivasa andSadhu, N and Dube, Praveen and Gopakumar, G and Rao, G Syda (2013) Farming of cobia, Rachycentron canadum (Linnaeus 1766) in open sea floating cages in India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60 (4). pp. 35-40.
4. KK Philipose, SR Sharma, J Loka, NG Vaidya, D Divu, N Sadhu, P Dube Indian Journal of Fisheries 60 (1), 67-70 Culture of Asian seabass (Lates calcarifer, Bloch) in open sea floating net cages off Karwar, south India.
5. Philipose, K K and Sharma, S R Krupesha (2012) Development of Innovative low cost cages for promoting opensea cage culture along the Indian Coast. In: Handbook on Opensea Cage Culture.Philipose, K K and Loka, Jayasree and Sharma, S R Krupesha and Damodaran, Divu,(eds.) Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Karwar, pp. 37-41.
- Google Scholar - http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=eahZQrcAAAAJ&hl=en
- ResearchGate - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/kuttickal philipose/publications