Dr.G. MaheswaruduTel: ; Cell:
- Penaeid shrimp fisheries
- Portunid crab fisheries
- GIS based resource mapping of fin fishes and shell fishes off Indian coast
I belong to 1985 ARS batch and joined in CMFRI in 1986. Since then I have been working in Crustacean Fisheries Division. Currently I am working as Head of the Division. I have worked on biology and population dynamics of penaeid shrimps and portunid crabs. I have developed protocols for seed production and grow-out culture of penaeid shrimps and portunid crab. Experienced with sea ranching and tagging of penaeid shrimps. Also developed protocol for development of captive brood stock of tiger shrimp. Development of captive brood stock and sex reversal of grouper in sea cage; cage culture of asian sea bass and tiger shrimp in floating cage were achieved.
- Post-Doctoral 1995 Shrimp Endocrinology, Tulane University
- PhD 1991 Zoology, Andhra University
- MSc 1981 Marine Biology, Karnatak University
- BSc 1978 Zoology, Andhra University
|1||Trawl fishery of the North east coast of India||CMFRI|
|2||Stock assessment of Penaeid shrimps along the Indian coast||CMFRI|
|3||Stock assessment of Portunid crabs along the Indian coast||CMFRI|
- 2011-Bharat Jyothi Award and The Best Citizens of India Award
- 2013- Thomas Edison Award-2013 in Marine Aquaculture
- 2014- 5th year Anniversary in Who's Who in the World (2010-2014)
- 2014- Photon Research Award-2014 in Genetics
- 2015-World Endocrinology Research Award-2015 in Veterinary Science
- 1. Maheswarudu, GandRajkumar, U and Sreeram, Miriam Paul and Chakravarty, M S and Sajeev, C K (2015) Effect of Testosterone Hormone on Performance of Male Broodstock of Black Tiger Shrimp Penaeus monodon Fabricius, 1798.Photon The Journal of Veterinary Science, 116 . pp. 446-456.
- Maheswarudu, GandJosileen, Jose and Mohan, S and Arputharaj, M R (2013) Brood stock dependent seed production and grow-out culture of green tiger shrimp Penaeus semisulcatus (De Haan, 1844) at Mandapam, South-east coast of India.International Journal of Agriculture Photon, 124 . pp. 252-267.
- Maheswarudu, GandVineetha, Aravind (2013) Littoral Oligochaete Pontodrilus bermudensis Beddard: A potential source for Arachidonic acid that stimulates maturation in penaeid shrimp. The Journal of Veterinary Science Photon, 114 . pp. 290-300.
- Maheswarudu, GandJosileen, Jose and Nair, K R Manmadhan and Arputharaj, M R (2008) Evaluation of the seed production and grow out culture of blue swimming crab Portunus pelagicsu (Linnaeus, 1758) in India. Indian Journal of Marine Sciences, 37 (3). pp. 313-321.
- Rao, G SudhakaraandThangaraj Subramanian, V and Rajamani, M and Sampson Manickam, P E and Maheswarudu, G(1993) Stock assessment of Penaeus spp. off the east coast of India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 40 (1&2). pp. 1-19.