Dr.P. KaladharanTel: +91 484 2345830; Cell:
- Marine fisheries environment
- Primary productivity, seaweed mariculture
- Coastal pollution and impact assessment
Joined Agricultural Research Service in January 1985 and started my career in primary productivity, seaweed culture and utilization and coastal pollution along with the team of scientists from the Fishery Environment and Management Division. Later worked on the diversity and conservation of marine floral bioresources such as mangroves, seagrasses, seaweeds and phytoplankton. Currently working on impacts of climate change, carbon sequestration and marine litter and their impacts
- Ph D 1989 Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli
- M Sc 1981 Botany, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- B Sc 1979 Botany, Madurai University
|1||Sustainable molluscan mariculture practices||CMFRI|
|2||Ecosystem process of critical marine habitats and development of protocols for restoration||CMFRI|
|3||Pollution and litter in the coastal and marine ecosystem and their impact||CMFRI|
|4||Ecobiological investigations on major pelagic fishes and ecological modeling of the epipelagic habitat off Kerala and Lakshadweep||INCOIS|
|5||National initiative on climate change resilient Agriculture- marine fisheries||ICAR|
- Life Member, Marine Biological Association of India, Kochi
- Life Member, Society of Fisheries Technologists of India, Kochi
- Life Member, Seaweed Research and Utilization Association, India
1. Kaladharan, P., Said Koya, K P ., Kunhikoya, V A and Anasu Koya, A. (2013) Turtle herbivory of seagrass ecosystems in the Lakshadweep atolls: concerns and need for conservationmeasures. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 55 (1). pp. 25-29.
2. Kaladharan, P., Krishnakumar, P K., Prema, D., Nandakumar, A., Khambadkar, L R and Valsala, K K (2011) Assimilative capacity of Cochin inshore waters with reference to contaminants received from the backwaters and the upstream areas. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 58 (2). pp. 75-83.
3. Kaladharan, P., Vijayakumaran, K and Chennubhotla, V S K., (1996) Optimization of certain physical parameters for the mariculture of Gracilaria edulis (Gmelin) Silva in Minicoy lagoon (Laccadive Archipelago). Aquaculture, 139 (3-4). pp. 265-270.
4. Vinoj Kumar, V and Kaladharan, P (2006) Biosorption of metals from contaminated water using seaweed. Current Science, 90 (9). pp. 1263-1267.
5. Veena, S and Kaladharan, P (2013) Cavernularia obesa from the bay coast of Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.Marine Biodiversity Records, 6 (54). pp. 1-6.