Mrs.Indira DivipalaTel: ; Cell: 9500182699
- Crustacean fisheries
- GIS based resource distribution mapping
- Remote sensing assisted fishery resources forecasting
Done Masters in Fisheries Science from Department of Fishery Biology, College of Fisheries, Panangad, Kochi, Kerala. I joined for ARS service in 2011 (94th FOCAR at NAARM). I have been working as Scientist in Crustacean Fisheries Division at Madras Research Centre of CMFRI, Chennai since 2012. I am currently working on stock assessment of Crustacean resources. I am involved with the GIS based resource mapping and remote sensing assisted marine resources forecasting. Also carried out survey on availability of pearl oyster along north Andhra Pradesh coast. I am particularly interested in fish biology and biodiversity.
- MFSc 2008 College of Fisheries, Panangad, Kochi, Kerala
- BFSc 2005 College of Fisheries, Muthukur, Andhra Pradesh
|1||Remote sensing assisted biodynamic forecasting paradigm for Indian marine fishery resources||CMFRI|
|2||Development of Fishery Management Plans for sustaining Marine Fisheries of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry||CMFRI|
|3||GIS based resource mapping of distribution and abundance of finfishes and shellfishes off Indian coast for suggesting operational based strategies for fisheries management||CMFRI|
|4||Development of tissue culture technology for in vitro production of pearls from the black lip pearl oyster Pinctada margaritifera and the refinement of in vitro pearl formation in Pinctada fucata||CMFRI|
|5||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA)- Marine Fisheries||ICAR|
- 2009 ICAR SRF for PhD in CIFE.
- 2008 ICAR Non JRF for PG in College of Fisheries, Panangad, Kochi, Kerala
1. Divipala, Indira and Thirumilu, P (2013) Unusual landing of the rare penaeid shrimp Metapenaeus lysianassa at Karaikkal, south-east coast of india. Marine Fisheries Information Service; Technical and Extension Series (215). pp. 32-33.
2. Divipala, Indira and Thirumilu, P (2013) Rare occurrence of two stomatopod species from Chennai coast. Marine Fisheries Information Service; Technical and Extension Series (215). p. 33.
3. Geetha, R and Divipala, Indira and Vinod, K and Kizhakudan, Shoba Joe and Manivasagam, M and Zacharia, P U (2013) Coastal vulnerability to climate change: A pilot study in Cuddalore district of Tamil Nadu. Marine Fisheries Information Service; Technical and Extension Series (217). pp. 42-45.
4. Divipala, Indira and Anna Mercy, T V and Nair, J Rajasekharan (2013) Reproductive biology of Chela fasciata Silas – an endemic ornamental barb of the of Western Ghats of India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60 (4). pp. 41-45.